Benefits of Massage
Are you feeling guilty about getting a massage? Does it seem too self-indulgent? Actually, massage has many important health benefits. Massage can help you maintain physical, mental and emotional well being, especially when it is part of your wellness routine.
The Health Benefits of Massage
* Massage calms the nervous system and promotes a sense of relaxation
and well being.
* Massage reduces tension and anxiety.
* Massage reduced blood pressure and heart rate.
* Massage improves blood circulation, which delivers oxygen and
nutrients to the cells.
* Massage stimulates the lymphatic system, which carries away the body’s
* Massage prevents and relieves muscle cramps and spasms.
* Massage therapy can also help with pain management in conditions such
as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms.
* Massage improves joint flexibility and range of motion.
* Massage promotes proper skeletal alignment and posture.
Contraindications for Massage
* You shouldn't get massage if you have a fever, infections,
inflammation, osteoporosis and other medical conditions.
* If you have any questions about whether a massage would be right for
you because of an existing medical condition, ask to speak to a massage
therapistbefore you make your appointment.